Beeswax Food Wraps - 3 pack - 2 LEFT!
Earth & Honey
Sale $28.00 $22.40
or 6 weekly payments from $3.73 learn more
Ditching single use plastic like glad wrap and snaplock bags doesn't have to be difficult. In fact, it can be easy and beautiful with these stunning NZ inspired Earth & Honey beeswax food wraps. You can use your beeswax wrap to keep fruit and vegetables fresh in the fridge, cover bowls of leftovers, wrap cheeses, make pouches for sandwiches and snacks, anything you can think of! They are so simple to use. To seal your wrap just use the warmth of your hands and press your wrap firmly to its self. That's it!
Each pack includes
1 x Large wrap - 33cm x 35cm
1 x Medium wrap - 31cm x 28cm
1 x Small wrap - 18cm x 20cm
- Made from soft durable cotton, locally sourced beeswax, damar tree resin and certified organic coconut oil
- This set is a great way to say goodbye to plastic wrap in your home
- Cover everything from a large salad bowl or 1kg of cheese down to a sandwich and half an avocado
- Also great for making snack pouches, covering rising bread dough or fermenting foods like yoghurt and kombucha
- Helps you to reduce single use plastic in your home
How to care for your wraps
- Simply rinse in cold water, hang to dry and re-use! if your wrap is very dirty you can use a mild soap and a soft cloth to get any food residue off.
- Biodegradable and alcohol free soaps are best, as both beeswax and damar resin are soluble in alcohol.
- Avoid scrubbing your beeswax wraps vigorously or using hot water as this will wear away the beeswax coating.
How long do the wraps last?
- Each wrap will last up to a year (sometimes more) depending on your care and use. We recommend keeping your wrap away from high heats, raw meat and pineapple (an enzyme in the pineapple can break down the wax coating – you can still cover pineapple, just avoid the fruit directly touching the wrap). also avoid harsh dish washing liquids or scrubbing.
- During the summer months, we recommend keeping your wraps in a cool place like the pantry or fridge.
- To refresh your wrap place on baking paper and bake at 100 degrees for a couple of minutes until the wax has melted. Remove from the oven, peel away from the baking paper and allow to cool.
- Over time and with use, your wrap will lose its tackiness – it can still be used to cover food however you will need hold more firmly and press for longer to create a seal.
- Once your wrap is no longer usable it can be re-waxed to use again, scrunched up in a tight ball to use as a fire starter or composted.
What are earth & honey food wraps made from?
Over time we have created the perfect 'recipe' of local beeswax, damar tree resin and organic coconut oil to make our wraps waterproof, tacky, soft and antibacterial. We then infuse this blend into either pure cotton or ‘gots’ certified organic cotton.
How do earth & honey food wraps work?
- Beeswax, damar resin and coconut oil are natural preservatives – combined with natural cotton, this mix allows your food to breathe and therefore last longer.
- The infused blend allows the cotton cloth to become waterproof and tacky – to seal your wrap simply use the warmth of your hands and press your wrap firmly to itself, your food or a bowl.
Where are earth & honey food wraps made?
earth & honey food wraps are 100% handmade in Northland, New Zealand by husband and wife team, Jess and Mike.
Information in this listing has been taken directly from the Earth & Honey website.